Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Quirks of Australia
I hate going to the chemist ("drugstore") and not being able to actually handle the products that I'm looking for. Imagine having to pick up some cold medicine, or heaven forbid something of a more personal nature, and having to list off your symptoms to the little lady behind the counter who calls you "love" 40 times in the next two minutes.

On that note, I'm dying from a cough that only starts up at about 9:00 at night. I haven't had a good night's sleep in four days, and I'm getting cranky.

Travel Deets
I just said "deets". I don't have them yet, but soon and very soon I will know the details of our US tour 2006-07.

Feelin' Crafty
I was so inspired by the sketchbooks this lovely lady made for her trip to Europe. See them here: Rome, Provence, and Paris. She has been kind enough to share some of her secrets with me, and so over the weekend my mother-in-law and I set out to create my own for America.

Now, my MIL is the Craft Queen of Queensland, and she already has pretty much everything I could possibly need. The lady has done every medium of painting, dollmaking (she has her own kiln), leatherwork, sewing, just everything. Seriously. So I'm rebinding an old orange hardcover book called "Stories for Eight-Year-Olds". We'll see if I can get it finished!

3 Comments:

Dec 06 2006, 07:56 pm

Well, don't remember if they'd started the whole behind-the-counter sinus medicine thing before you left, but it's a pain in Americanland, here lately, too. Can't kick a sinus problem out of my head because I have a slight issue with signing my life away at the CVS just to buy Sudafed....

2:14 PM  

Dec 07 2006, 04:27 pm

Ahh, no, I don't remember ever having cough-syrup negotiations with the pharmacist. What I wouldn't give for some good ol' Vicks 44 right about now.

2:14 PM  

Jan 09 2007, 07:46 am

Ahhh, chemists who put everything behind the counter.. I usually just go in and say, "I want some of X" and they'll give it to me without questions. Well, most of the time. hehe.

2:14 PM  

Post a comment