Monday, November 13, 2006

It's a Love/Hate Thing
The restroom at Hans's office has a giant print of David Hockney's Pearblossom Highway, and I hate it with a burning passion. I think it goes back to litter being one of my major pet-peeves. There are also some underlying personal issues, but mostly I just hate being forced to stare at that when I'm there taking a potty break.

But then I saw this tutorial for panographies at photojojo, and I fell in love. It's along the same lines as Hockney's work, but it uses photos at 50% opacity, and it makes for really lovely collages. Inspired, I made a couple of my own.

backdoorpan

veranda panography

One was out the back door this morning, and the other was the sunset last night from the veranda. (The larger versions are more exciting.)

Through the Grapevine
We went to the markets this weekend, and instead of fresh flowers for my table, this week we bought a grapevine. I have always wanted one. There's something so romantic about it. Hans was a bit skeptical at first, but I argued that it is biblical. :)

He is so cute. I have named him Luc, since we just watched French Kiss recently.

We haven't planted him yet. I am hoping to do that this afternoon when my father-in-law gets home. He seems to have a good idea of where to plant it where it will survive.

0 Comments:

Post a comment