Monday, July 10, 2006

Little Changes to Pass the Time
I've been at home by myself all day today (except for the brief visit by bro-in-law and dog-nephew). I'm starting to go a little batty. I had pictures to share, but they're on the laptop... which Hans has with him tonight. They've got rehearsal for the show in a couple weeks. I'm excited and a little nervous on his behalf. It will be the first I've seen him perform in... gosh... four years?

Since I've already vacuumed, done laundry, cleaned out the refrigerator, and played enough LocoRoco to wonder whether I'm making myself go blind, I did a little template clean-up that was long overdue. Fixing links and such. Changed the picture at the top, which might change again when I get my computer back.

If I Could Turn Back Time
This would be way better with the pictures... but we built a time machine last week and took it for a spin on Saturday. Okay, well, I wrapped some tin foil around a couple of toilet paper cores and called it the "Time Controller"... but we had magic crystals, so that makes it legit. (A piece of fool's gold we got from an opal mine. Awesome!)

It was actually a long elaborate scheme so that Dan & Lisa wouldn't know where we were going. A freaking huge banner across the pedestrian bridge blew it for me.

First stop in the timeline was 1997. They met at McDonald's, and since it was also their anniversary, we went there for breakfast.

Next we went to 1824 and stopped at the Redcliffe Museum. Redcliffe boasts the fact that it was the first European settlement in Queensland.

Then we travelled back to 600 AD when we ended up at the Abbey Medieval Tournament. They had never been to a Renaissance festival before, so it was kind of fun to see their reactions to the jousting and gypies dancing and all that stuff. It was great, albeit very dusty and unseasonably warm.

Our next stop was the early 1700's, and we went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

The last date in the "time controller" was 1939 which is when our house was built.

The greatest part, though, was that I made "protective" helmets out of tin foil, à la Signs, and everyone wore them for most of the time that we were in the car between stops. It was hilarious. The looks from some people were priceless.

And that's all I have to say. No laptop. No pictures.

1 Comments:

Jul 10 2006, 08:47 am

I want to see pictures of y'all in the car!

9:23 PM  

Post a comment