Monday, June 05, 2006

JUST MARRIED
Wheee! It's so weird. I'm wearing a wedding ring. I woke up next to my husband this morning. We're going to be together forever. I still feel so giggly about the whole thing. When exactly does it start to feel normal? Not that I'm anxious for it to be old-hat... I just am still constantly amazed. Yay!

The Big Day
I don't have a single photo in my possession yet, but my sister-in-law has a disk that she's supposedly going to drop off sometime. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. Lisa spent the night at our house. We got up in the morning and had strawberries and chai. Cleaned the house a bit, and went to pick up the flowers.

Then we went to get ready at the house where I used to live... which is across the street from where the ceremony was. Our photographer friends met us at the house and snapped getting-ready photos. It was so great to have friends around beforetime, because it put my nerves at ease. And of course, every girl loves to hear over and over how pretty her dress is. :)

When the boys got to the park, they called up to the house, and we walked over. It was so casual and low-key. Perfect. The weather was gorgeous. It just really was amazing.

Afterwards we went back to the house and had a little lunch with everyone. They even threw rice at us as we came down the driveway. Hehe. It, again, was completely perfect. It felt so special.

The day wasn't without it's bittersweet moments. Of course, it was so difficult to think of my family and loved ones not being there, but I talked to my parents afterwards, which was wonderful. My mom also sent a package for me to open that morning, and it was a handkerchief with a tatted edge that my grandmother had made... lots of tears with that one.

So yeah, Todd & Alyda took us out to a bunch of great places for photos, and I can't wait to see them! I'll write more later...

4 Comments:

Jun 04 2006, 06:37 pm

Awww congratulations!! Can't wait to see pics!!

3:36 PM  

Jun 05 2006, 01:28 pm

*sniff* I was there in spirit...

So now it is very important that you e-mail me your new official last name (I know how to say it, but not how to spell it) and address!!!

LOVE!!!

3:36 PM  

Jun 05 2006, 02:38 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3:37 PM  

Jun 05 2006, 05:57 pm

danielle, i am so happy for you. it sounds like you had a perfectly wonderful day! it's incredible that you're married! :)
i am not sure when it starts to feel normal...but it can still feel amazing when it feels normal. :) at that point, you just start to go, "holy crap! i'm married, and it feels normal! wow!" hehe.
can't wait to see pictures...love you, girl! :)

3:37 PM  

Post a comment