Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Mary Poppins Morning
It's one thing to wake up to the song of a little bluebird singing on the window sill. It's another to wake up next to a tree filled with kookaburras. Never heard a kookaburra? Here's its song. (You may have to turn the volume up on the player itself when that page loads.) Yeah, and they are LOUD. I kind of hate them, and yet, I really kind of love them too.

Wedding Checklist
  • Dress. check
    Mother-in-law is doing some very minor alterations.
  • Suit. check
    I haven't seen it yet, but I'm told he looks hot. :)
  • Shoes. check
    I've got mine but should probably be walking in them a little bit before then. Hans still needs to decide which ones he wants.
  • Rings. check
    Ordered them last Thursday. Should be in tomorrow. Whee!
  • Vows.
    Not quite finished yet, but we're on the right track. Goal is to have them done tonight.
  • Announcements. check
    We couldn't find a place who would print on our paper, so we bought a color printer last night. I mean, why not? When you're dropping huge wads of cash left and right, what's another $500? We should have the Australian ones in the mail tomorrow, and I think my Mom sent the American ones today.
  • Flowers.
    Going to stop in my favourite shop this afternoon to make sure they'll have a handful of gerberas on hand. I don't want a bouquet, as such. Just want it to look like I picked some flowers, you know? Still trying to decide on whether Hans gets a boutonniere or not.
  • Hair. check
    Well, almost checked. Have an appointment at noon to get a cut, and then after that I can figure out what I'm going to do with it.
  • Bachelor/Bachelorette Party. check
    Being organized by Bro/Sis-in-law. Lasertag -- boys vs. girls! Followed by dinner at our favourite Japanese restaurant. Sweet.
  • Honeymoon Flights. check
    Hans booked the tickets to Auckland yesterday. Whee! It will be his first time back since they moved here when he was a child.
  • Honeymoon Hotel. check
    I'm not exactly sure which one it is, but I know there are five stars invovled. Teehee.


And to think... just three weeks ago, we didn't even know we when were getting married.

Found this site yesterday, and I'm in love: Godawful Wedding Crap

Truth is a Pill Choked on While Laughing
Oh my gosh... I've been laughing about this Toothpaste for Dinner cartoon ALL WEEK!
Embarrass the Nerds

3 Comments:

May 16 2006, 07:25 pm

Thanks for stopping by!

10 days to go, sounds like you're in great shape ... We're doing it a month later, but you sound much more organized than us.

Good luck!

3:42 PM  

May 19 2006, 05:18 am

hey hey.. almost onlya week to go.
this is really exciting!!!

hehe

3:42 PM  

May 22 2006, 10:08 am

kookaburra sits in an old gum tree... eating all the gumdrops he can see... (do kookaburras really eat gumdrops?)

thanks for passing along the GWC website. many laughs/horrors. except now the latest seems to have gone in a fairly crude direction. I guess that's life in wedding prep.

3:42 PM  

Post a comment