Thursday, March 30, 2006

Missives Fugnonymous
I've determined that I'm less than enthusiastic about posting these days, because my this layout is such crap. Half my graphics don't work anymore due to the server switch, and I just hate it. One of these days I'll get up the motivation to do something about it.

Personal DNA Report
Took this personality survey today, realizing after I got the results that I had seen it originally on Barry's site.



How Do I Live Without You? I Want to Know
All of you American people who read this, I need you to go to the grocery store and thank your lucky stars that you have access to all those beautiful brands. Brands like Nabisco, Keebler, Totinos, Campbells, HERSHEYS! Brands that are all but non-existent here.

Oh, we have Nabisco here in Australia. With their VAST assortment of five (FIVE!) products. That's so few, I will even list them right here: Oreos, Ritz, Premium Crackers, Chips Ahoy!, and In a Biskit crackers. (They also have water crackers, but water crackers are yucky. Nobody in their right mind should eat them, so I don't include them in the list.)

Compare this to the American Nabisco list, and you might notice at least two SHOCKING omissions. Wheat Thins. (This pains me so, because my cheese ball of joy is especially joyous with Wheat Thins.) And Honey Maid. And since we don't have Keebler, this means that I live in a country that has no understanding of Graham Crackers, thus no S'MORES!

We were going to build a campfire with Hans' brother and sister-in-law this weekend, but I don't know if I can bring myself to do so knowing that s'mores aren't even an option. It's just sick, if you ask me. I'm appalled.

3 Comments:

Mar 30 2006, 09:26 am


Yea! An entry into the blog!
I knew you just needed a little prodding...like cattle.

What about the S'MORES flavored items? We have Luna bars and cereal and stuff here that is supposed to taste like S'mores. Have any of that?

Send us a list, Woman! We can still abuse Jack's FedEx discount and mail you the whole Wal-Mart.

Heck! Matt's halfway there!

Heck! (that one was just for fun.)

8:41 PM  

Mar 30 2006, 03:57 pm


That is an outrage. I say we stage a protest! :)

8:41 PM  

Mar 30 2006, 06:54 pm


oh no! "danielle's cheeseball (of joy)"! (as written on my recipe card, hehe...you are too cute!)
i am sorry...dear, i completely understand the lack of selection thing...that's how canada was. it SUCKED. i went the grocery store to get german chocolate cake mix to make one for erin's birthday while i was there, and they DIDN'T HAVE IT, and no one knew what the heck i was talking about. losers. (apparently, the bitterness still lingers a bit.)
please email me a list of things that you are missing...within reason, maybe aaron and i can put together some money and send you some things. it's hard to be an american without your usual vast array of food selection...we are truly spoiled. :S
(whole aisles for bread...whole aisles for cereal...no WONDER it takes me forever to grocery shop! i'm indecisive!!!)
LOVE you.

8:41 PM  

Post a comment