Monday, November 21, 2005

Out and About
I like relaxing on the weekends. I was not looking forward to this past weekend, because we had commitments every single day. It ended up not being so bad, and it ended up being worse.

Friday night was fun. We met up with this couple that neither of us knew. Well, Hans had met the husband at a show, and they wanted to get together and talk music. I dreaded the whole encounter, but the wife turned out to be so sweet. She's from Denmark originally, and it sounds like we share many similar culture-shock moments. Plus I had the most divine pizza at Fatboys -- butternut squash, sundried tomato, pinenuts, feta cheese, mmm...

Saturday we went to Dan & Lisa's in the afternoon. I made my fabulous cheese dip with my prized solitary box of Velveeta cheese (SEE ALSO: Top 10 Everyday Things Americans Take for Granted). They don't have Tostitos readily available here, so we got by with plain Doritos. (And by "plain", I mean "no cheese"... yeah, weird, eh? Do they have those there now too or something?) What goes with cheese and chips? A nice bottle of wine, chosen solely by its cute label. We played two exciting games of Killer Bunnies, and then watched Hero on their new comfy leather couch.

Sunday was the bad day. Went into the city and all the Christmas decorations put me in a downward spiral. It's just SO HARD to imagine my family having Christmas without me. We've never NOT had Christmas all together. Even last year during the Christmas season you'd never wish for, we waited to celebrate in February so everyone would be there. So I pretty much cried all afternoon.

Lost in Translation
lead (leed)
n. cord
"We need an extension lead for the printer."

Trust me, I had an interesting time at the hardware store today when I came in looking for extension cords and a power strip. I can't even remember what they call power strips. Something to do with a board, I think.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Nov 20 2005, 09:27 pm


Does it even say "lead" and "board" on the packaging?

11:21 PM  

Nov 20 2005, 09:32 pm


It does, but that doesn't help when you come in asking for "cords" and "strips".

11:21 PM  

Nov 22 2005, 12:17 am


hopefully your christmas is good anyway...

11:22 PM  

Post a comment