Monday, November 14, 2005

News from the Uncool Department
Bomb threat in Brisbane. I think it's going to be best that my mother never hears about that. We take both the train and bus on a daily basis. Not that this is going to change anything. I'm not afraid to die; I just don't particularly want to.

Lost in Translation
exy (ex'-ee)
adj. expensive, pricey
"We could go see Dirty Dancing: The Musical, but the tickets are pretty exy."

Meet My Neighbor
The people sort of across the street from our house have this gigantic pet goose. I think it's awesome! It's so Charlotte's-Web.

Not by the Hair on Your Chinny-Chin-Chin
Is EVERYBODY doing Whiskerino 2005? Seriously. First my buddy Jesse IM'd me to tell me that his nasty 'stache was being shaven only to be replaced by four months of wild growth. Then I notice that two proprietors of blogs I enjoy are in on the man-hair marathon. And then perusing the site today I see the faces of several Nashvillans I recognize including one who Hans knew well. Craziness. Jesse wanted Hans to do it, but he and I had just had a conversation about him never shaving. Oh well.

Acknowledgments
-- Happy blogiversary to Tommy!
-- I saw your tag, Barry. I'll get right on that... in a minute.
-- Forgot to mention earlier that my favourite hometown read, Drinkin' the Franklin Kool-Aid, was featured in a Williamson A.M. article. Keep stirring the pot, DTFKA! And keep posting the pictures. :) Even the ones of trash on the side of the road make me feel like I'm there... sort of.

POST SCRIPT
Turns out they believe the bomb threats were a hoax. Chris came to pick us up anyway.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Nov 13 2005, 10:27 pm


Like I said - I can do a photoblogging special - get you caught up on Franklin.

Let me know!

11:33 PM  

Nov 14 2005, 11:02 am


Went to Oprah...got some goodies...airs the 21st here, we'll send you the dvd.

11:33 PM  

Nov 14 2005, 12:17 pm


I'm looking forward to reading what you come up with :)

11:33 PM  

Nov 15 2005, 08:41 am


I feel that you might spell neighbor with a u now.

11:34 PM  

Nov 15 2005, 04:36 pm


Oh crap, that's right! I didn't even think about the "u"!

11:34 PM  

Jan 14 2006, 01:44 pm


Yes, EVERYBODY is doing Whiskerino. It's the only way to go ... thanks!

11:34 PM  

Post a comment