Saturday, November 05, 2005

Lazy Saturday
Mmmm... I wish I was still sleeping. But it's beautiful, and it's Saturday. This morning I went to the shops with Marj to stock up on groceries. They've had Christmas decorations out since before Halloween, just so you know. (Shocking, isn't it?) We're going to decorate the tree out front (which just seems wrong knowing that it will never have a light dusting of snow, but whatever) however I told Marj that we absolutely could not do it until after Thanksgiving. To which she replied, "Oh......... when is that again?"

Homesickness Reprise
The other night I had a MELT. DOWN. In public. We had gone to Hungry Jack's, which is Burger King to you. We went downstairs to this eating area that was all decorated like an old diner with old American memorabilia. There was a picture of a '57 Chevy like my dad used to have. There was some plaque with a confederate flag on it, which, like it or not, is still seen around Tennessee. I was sitting right near a Florida license plate. Eating my Whopper Jr. And the next thing you know, I couldn't stop the tears. (Hans said later that he saw an Iowa license plate, which I hadn't but that wouldn't have helped!) Ugh.

Lost in Translation
casket (cass'-ket)
n. the lottery (I'm not 100% sure on this one, but based on context clues, that is what I have surmized.)
"I have to stop at the News & Casket to try my numbers this week."

Piccies
I love Allison's pictures of her kitty and the gorgeous red tree outside her window. Dang, I miss Autumn!

Random
Tonight's a big night. I'm having pizza for the first time in a month and a half. This just doesn't seem to be a pizza culture. It's weird. My old roommate and I would have pizza AT LEAST once a week if not more. Now I have sushi three times a week but haven't had pizza in a month. There's something wrong with that.

It makes me miss my favourite pizza places though. Each place I lived has had one unique place that does pizza better than the rest. I forget the name of my place in Michigan. Indy has Bazbeaux's-- where else can you get artichoke hearts, pine nuts, and/or snow peas on your pie? And then Franklin has Matteo's-- mmm, half Country Life (vegetarian) and half Islander (pineapple & ham), mmm, mmm, mmm.

I'll have some more pictures to post soon.

Oh, and did I mention that I got eight (8) buy-one-ticket-get-one-ticket-free passes at the movie theatre just for being talkative and friendly (non-flirty, even) with the guy who sold us our tickets the other night? Never hurts to be kind to people... and sometimes it really pays off. Suh-weet!

Somebody's Getting Fired
There's video here of a news report about an apartment building in Sydney that was about to collapse into a giant gaping hole due to a tunnel being built underneath it. Oops.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Nov 05 2005, 08:09 am


i'll be sure to keep the pictures coming, and i'll also be sure to eat at bazbeaux's for you. yeah, right, man! the last time we at there (and the only time), we spent $30 on the pizza, ate two pieces, and then accidentally left the box on the table and forgot to take it home with us...i thought i'd get over it, but apparently i haven't. :)

i'm so sorry and i wish i could ship myself over in a box and pop out and surprise you...well, actually, i would rather wish that i could just fly over...i wish i was rich. then that would be possible! it's so hard to hear you be homesick and know that i can't do more to comfort you. :(

i love you, hon!

11:45 PM  

Nov 05 2005, 08:10 am


that was an awkward ending to a comment too...sorry. :S

11:46 PM  

Nov 05 2005, 08:02 pm


I won't tell you that I'm in Indy this weekend. (oops, I just did). Didn't go to Mama's, so don't be too jealous. Miss you!!!

11:46 PM  

Post a comment