Sunday, November 13, 2005

Bat Watch 2005: Australia
As some of you may remember, we had a bit of what I like to call a "small bat issue" at my parents' house this summer. A small issue that may have very well traumatized me for life, you understand. I like to say that my refusal to see Batman Begins is out of protest due to the whole Tom-and-Katie parade when it came out, but the truth is that I know about THE TWO SCENES. (And I'll leave it at that for those who haven't seen it.) I'm just not too keen on bats anymore.

And then I came here. The land of the GIANT BATS OF GIGANTICNESS! I am so not even kidding. They're called "fruit bats", so they sound all nice and harmless and vegetarian... but I know the truth. They are blood sucking bat vampires.

This site has some of the best pictures of them. And yes, I have seen them hanging from the trees like that, and yes, they really are that big.

Okay, I admit it. I am secretly fascinated by them when I see them flying at dusk. But so help me, if one gets anywhere near me, I will flail like I've never flailed before, and I have flailed with the best of them.

Movie Night
Last night we watched Be Cool. Vince Vaughn made me laugh lots.

Boring day.

2 Comments:

Nov 13 2005, 02:53 am


those bats suck!

11:34 PM  

Nov 13 2005, 08:16 am


Can't they go live in caves?

11:35 PM  

Post a comment