Monday, October 03, 2005

Subway & Skynard
For a single moment today, I forgot where I was. Hans and I went to Subway for lunch -- a fool-proof eatery when it comes to having basically everything exactly the same as it is in the States. We were standing in line. I was debating whether to toast or not to toast when "Sweet Home Alabama" came over the radio, and for that moment, all was right in the world.

And then it came to a screeching halt when I had to order my veggies (which incidentally, Australians spell "vegies"... what the crap? Is that weird to anyone else, or have I been spelling it wrong all along?). Lettuce, no problem. Tomato, easily translated... the whole I-say-tomayto-you-say-tomahto thing. Green peppers?

<segue>

Lost in Translation
capsicum

n. green pepper
"I'd like lettuce, tomato, capsicum, pickles and black olives on that, please."

Other Tidbits
-- Switchfoot are playing here tonight. We would have gone if the tickets weren't so pricey or if Hans had kept up with Jon Foreman... bummer. Meh, I'm over it already.
-- I went into the office with him today. It is likely that I will be hanging out there more often "helping out" to give me something to do.
-- Today was another good day, thank the Lord! Distraction = good.

0 Comments:

Post a comment