Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Lost in Translation
pokies (poh-keys)
n. slot machines
"My grandma is addicted to the pokies."

Sounds like your grandma is a dirty old bird, but I'm just the American.

Pass Along
Joshua pointed out a site with "300 Essential Fonts". It's just nice to know they are there if/when someone might need something new. And I know at least one font whore will read this and appreciate the link.

twofifty.org lets you easily keep track of how many movies on IMDB's Top 250 you have seen. Serves no real practical purpose unless your goal in life is to see them all, but it is sorta like those memes without having to list 250 movies on your site.

See mine: twofifty.org

Try It, You'll Like It
Sorry, but if something is being marketed as being from the makers of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, for some reason it doesn't make me do cartwheels and run to see it. So this Serenity movie didn't really interest me. (In the slightest.)

But then Joshua raved, Michael gushed, Bill had relatively good things to say, and basically... Hans wanted to see it. So we went last night.

I have to admit that this was the BEST MOVIE I have seen in a long time. In fact, I would go watch it again tonight if I could. And I'd probably go see it tomorrow night as well. I hadn't seen any previews (and didn't read those blog reviews until today) so it was all new and fresh. I believed the characters. The dialogue was real -- not filled with futuristic sci-fi lingo nor was it just plain bad a la the Star Wars movies. And funny. Dang, it had just the right amount of humor. I wish that I could live on that ship, because the people are so dang fun.

I give Serenity two enthusiastic thumbs up. Ladies, take your men to this one. They'll love you for it, and you'll enjoy yourselves as well!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a comment