Thursday, October 20, 2005

I [Heart] N.O.
I saw in the news that Cafe du Monde has reopened in New Orleans. I found that strangly heartwarming having had beignets and chicory coffee there once upon a time.

Wilma
I trust you Floridians are taking measures to keep me from worrying about you for the next five days or so, right? Is someone getting Alex out of Miami? Sounds like a great weekend to go to Hawaii! Speaking of...

Shoes, Shoes, and More Shoes
The movie last night was pretty good. One character kept reminding me of Leslie's Matt, but maybe I've forgotten what he looks like too. The whole shoe element seemed a little forced at times, but overall I'd recommend it. Toni Collette was brilliant. The issues I'd nit-pick reveal major plot points, but I managed to get over them and enjoy myself. If you go, be sure to use the restroom beforehand, as it clocks in at 2 hours and 20 minutes.

Lost in Translation
spag bol (spayg boll)
n. 1. lazy shortening for "spaghetti bolognese"
"I should never order spag bol here, because I'll only be comparing it to Mama Carolla's."

Today is a bad day.

0 Comments:

Post a comment