Tuesday, August 30, 2005

By the Shores of [Green] Lake
I was awake at 6:15 this morning. (I KNOW!) So I took my coffee, walked down to the dock in my pajamas and watched the sun rise over the lake. It was so calm and beautiful. The perfect ending to a wonderful weekend at my aunt & uncle's in Minnesota. My cousins from Fargo and Minneapolis also came down, so it was lots of fun. We played many games of Mexican Train Dominos out on the deck. We went on bike rides (with me on the back of the bicycle-built-for-two). Went to church at the super-cute chapel at the Bible Camp. And we flipped between the Weather Channel, FoxNews, CNN, and MSNBC all day yesterday. (Did anyone catch Shephard Smith's first report after some guy basically suggested that the French Quarter was going to be gone by morning? I'm sorry, but I laughed. Because if you couldn't laugh, you'd have to cry.)

When the Levee Breaks, Mama, You Got to Move
Yeah, on that note, I have yet to hear from any of the New Orleans peeps. However I am assuming the best. They aren't the type to try stick it out, and I think they all had places to run. Though it was disconcerting to hear so many familiar city names from the weather correspondents. Metarie for Greg, Rumseyhand Adam. Mandeville for Paul, Deannahand Darren. Gulf Port for Adam's dad. Mobile for Michael's parents. Scary stuff.

Of course thinking of you Tennesseans who are in the path as well. At least if you have to cross the Harpeth, you can figure on calling in to work for a couple of days. I admit I'm a little jealous. I always loved rainy Tennessee days. Though not necessarily Tropical Storm rains. Thankfully, I am told, Brisbane doesn't have to worry too much about cyclones thanks to the big islands offshore that slow storms down.

Leaving on a Jet Plane
Eeeek. I realized that I am leaving three weeks from today. Oh. My. Goodness. Do I have some major stuff to accomplish before then. But I'm all relaxed yet from my trip, so I don't want to start stressing out about that just yet.

But my dear housemate-to-be wrote that it's cool that I have booked my ticket. I agree. Yay!

Now I'm sleepy.

0 Comments:

Post a comment