Saturday, July 23, 2005

Computer Woes
I found a copy of SE at my Dad's office today. (Thanks though, Michael & Steve.) I'm going to attempt to install it over the 98 I have on here, per these instructions. If it works, I'll be golden. If it doesn't, I'm throwing this away and may never be back. It was nice knowing you.
UPDATE: Well, that didn't fricking work. Lucky I know enough DOS to get it back to normal.

Felt Like "Home"
It is Shark Week on the Discovery Channel, of course. During the show Shark Attack: Predators in the Panhandle, there was a bit about the kid from Tennessee who was attacked this spring. They showed a clip of Channel 4 News and Demetria Kalodimos, and I felt like I was back in the South for a second again.

Purple Passport Holder
The other one I linked to a while back has dissappeared, but neiman Marcus has them too, only theirs are hip and metallic.

Positivity
Because I have the potential of becoming seriously depressed about living back in Smalltown, America, I have decided to focus on the positives. Things I love about Iowa:
-- Summer sunsets last until 10:30.
-- Pizza Ranch
-- Taco Johns :) (Yes, Steve...I went there on Day 2)
-- It's sorta like Cheers, where everybody knows your name. (Even though it takes me half the conversation to figure out who I'm talking to and why they know who I am.)
-- The coffeehouse on campus is open in the summer, if only on two nights.
-- One unmarried, childless person from my class is around in the same position as me, so we will ban together as the 28-and-living-with-our-parents-again club.
-- Having a queen-size bed in a giant room and the entire upstairs to myself. (After sleeping in a twin for 10+ years and living with other people for most of that.)
-- Going for walks... in the dark... and not having to worry about it.
-- I bicycled for the first time in forever yesterday. My knees hated me, but at least I hadn't forgotten how.

Song of the Day
The Sweetest Thing
- U2

~[Brown]-eyed boy meets a [green]-eyed girl
Oh oh oh, the sweetest thing~

0 Comments:

Post a comment