Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Oh the new music abounds today... new Tori... new Thievery Corporation. Hmm...

Class Reunion Crapola
So I may or may not have mentioned that my 10-year class reunion is this summer. (Yes, rest assured, I have one foot firmly planted in the grave now, yes. Now be quiet.) I may or may not have mentioned that I am not going, because of a more important engagement on that particular weekend.

I guess the "reunion committee" (read: anybody who still lives in our hometown) is putting together what they are calling the Look Book -- and we are all supposed to fill out this questionnaire thing and send in pictures and tell all about what we've accomplished in the last 10 years. I'm finding the whole chore to be somewhat painful. (Which is why I've put it off until the last minute, thank you very much.)

I'm thinking about just drawing a graph and doing a timeline with the major plot points. I think my biggest hang-up in the whole process is just that the events that have been most significant to me, probably won't mean a thing to them.

I just have a feeling that most people will be sending in:
(a) When they graduated from college and with what degree(s);
(b) When they got married and where they honeymooned;
(c) When they started having children and how many they now have...

While I happen to fall squarely in the "(d) none of the above" category.

I feel a rant coming on, but I'll save that for another day.

Song for the Day
Miseryland
- Fisher

We've been having commercial sing-alongs at my house lately. Actually, it was more of a subconscious thing that only I was doing. I found myself singing along with every single ad whether it had words or not while we were watching the Project Runway marathon the other night. Lex thinks I'm crazy. She may be right.

Oh, umm... point being that Fisher has a song on the new Toyota Avalon (I think?) ad... the one with the dancing shoes and the "wow, the time is now" line.

0 Comments:

Post a comment