Monday, December 06, 2004

Ad Awareness
Tv commercials at this time of year can be extremely pain-inducing. (See Tommy's post on the Gap non-rhyming song ads.) However, I've been singing "Let My Love Open the Door" for the past week straight, and I can't say that's an entirely bad thing.

And there is also one ad that just makes me giggle like a little girl. I don't know how you can't love it. You know the one. The Citibank mountain-bikers commerical... with the guy on the bike... or rather, not on the bike. Love it! (Watch it here)

Victory!
Having been back exactly four weeks today, I decided I was going to once-and-for-all unpack the suitcase. Found the postcards I wrote to Erin and Allison but didn't send because, for some reason, I didn't write down their zip codes when I wrote down their addresses before I left.

I also found the card I bought with the beautiful Martin Hill photography on the front. His work is truly stunning.

Savory Pancakes
Yesterday morning, for some reason, I had just gotten done with my bowl of cereal and mentioned to Stacy that I needed something savory instead of another sweet thing. She perked up and asked if I had ever had savory pancakes. No, but anything involving pancakes not being sweet sounded good to me.

So we spent the afternoon grocery shopping and the evening cooking, and I have to say, it was quite a tastey treat. Here's what you need and how you do it:

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion (really how ever much you like)
1 clove chopped garlic

1 can diced tomatoes
1 can beef broth
herbs of your choice

1 cup grated cheese
milk
flour

pancake mix (or if you have a good crepe recipe, I bet that would work great too)

1. Brown meat, onions & garlic.
2. Add tomatoes, broth & herbs. Let simmer on high to reduce.
3. Make several pan-sized pancakes. (Big enough to fold over like a taco or burrito)
4. Stuff meat mixture inside pancakes.
5. Put filled-pancakes into glass pan.
6. Melt cheese with milk and add flour as necessary to make a smooth creamy cheese sauce. (Amounts were not measured, and therefore not available.)
7. Pour cheese over pancakes.
8. Bake in 375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes to warm and crispify.

0 Comments:

Post a comment